Tardanico in her report has mentioned that "it's only when we can hear a tone of voice or look into someone's eyes that we're able to know when "I'm fine" doesn't mean they're fine at all, or when "I'm in" doesn't mean they're brought in at all”. This is where the internet or social websites get dicey. With the help of technology, anyone can hide is true emotion behind the words, through Facebook, e-mail or Twitter one can easily create an illusion of their choice. There are various positives which one can take away with the development of social technology. The word distance is now almost irrelevant as anyone can communicate whenever he or she wants with their family, friends and loved ones with just a few clicks. Social sites help the mankind immensely to communicate their feeling in front of the world where they can communicate and exchange their views with people across the globe. Tardanico in her review has mentioned that "Social technologies have broken the barriers of space and time, enabling us to interact 24/7 with more people than ever before.". A bit like every other great innovation it also has some negatives and the biggest one is the threat of artificialness associated with the social networking. Social Site Keeping In Touch By Net.
1. Glenn, D. (2013), Importance of Staying Connected through Social Media; Business 2 Community; retrieved on 24.6.2014 from http://www.business2community.com/social-media/importance-staying-connected-social-media-0600521#!2YMr1
2. Harrison, L. (2014), How to Keep in Touch with Family and Friends When you Move Away; Socialnomics; retrieved on 24.06.2014 from http://www.socialnomics.net/2014/01/14/how-to-keep-in-touch-with-family-and-friends-when-you-move-away/
3. Osterrieder, A. (2013), The value and use of social media as communication tool in the plant sciences; Plant Methods; retrieved on 24.6.2014 from http://www.plantmethods.com/content/9/1/26
4. Sparkes, M. (2013), Young users see Facebook as 'dead and buried'; The Telegraph; retrieved on 24.6.2014 from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/10539274/Young-users-see-Facebook-as-dead-and-buried.html
5. Tardanico, S. (2012), Is Social Media Sabotaging Real Communication? Forbes, retrieved on 24.6.2014 from http://www.forbes.com/sites/susantardanico/2012/04/30/is-social-media-sabotaging-real-communication/
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples