The government also did not take any initiative to protect those Indians. Thus, from that time, the Indians started to rebel against Mexicans (Smith, 40). However, the historians do not admit that the evil administration of the government was the primary determinant of the uprising. The historians also do not forgive the Apaches of embezzlement and minor annexation (Smith, 41). The Apache’s disgust towards the Mexicans became insatiable. Over the years, the Apaches had tried to join several groups like Navajos and Utes in order to harm the Mexican settlements. The Apaches wanted to save their homelands from the Mexican invasion and dishonesty (Smith, 42). The tension between the United States and Mexico had been growing for several years. Texas which had been a part of Mexico for several years got freed on its own in 1835. A year later, it established itself as the Republic of Texas. At that time, Mexico failed to identify Texas independence and threatened the United States to stay out of the argument. However, the Americans believe in Manifest Destiny. They used to dream that their country would be stretched across North America-from Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean. The land of Mexico stood in between the United States and their dream. In spite of severe threat by Mexico, the United States of America seized Texas which had become a nation in the year 1835. The Mexicans reacted by untying all the diplomatic relations with the United States. History of the Life of Geronimo.
1. Barett, S.M. Geronimo’s story of his life. Massachusetts: Cosimo, Inc., 2007.
2. Debo, Angie. Geronimo: The Man, His Time, His Place. Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Press, 1989.
3. Encyclopedia.com. n.d. available at: http://www.encyclopedia.com. (Accessed on July 16, 2009).
4. Haugen, Brenda. Geronimo: Apache Warrior. Minnesota: Compass Point Books, 2006
5. Smith, Ralph Adam. Borderlander: the life of James Kirker, 1793-1852. Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Press, 1999.
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples