All lifting operations using cranes will be planned and authorised in accordance with company processes, standards and guidance. Where applicable the contract manager will appoint a competent appointed person for cranes and a crane supervisor.Manual handling risk assessments must be carried out prior to manually lifting a load. Methods of assessing the risks of manual handling and consideration to alternative methods will be considered where practical.The contract specific training and competence plan will cover training associated with specific tasks such as abrasive wheel training, and will be done by site supervision in liaison with companys training advisors. A record of the same will be maintained.A contract specific risk assessment for the site office and welfare facilities will be carried out to identify any specific hazards and controls to be adopted in accordance with companys minimum standards.An appointed Temporary Works Co-ordinator (TWC) will be responsible for the planning, erection, use, maintenance and dismantling of temporary works in line with Companys standards and as agreed with the relevant Temporary Works manager.An appointed Traffic Management Coordinator (TMC) will be tasked with overseeing a Traffic Management Plan (TMP). The TMP will provide for safe interaction between plants, vehicles and pedestrians. The TMP will also encompass car parking arrangements and access routes as well as delivery bays for loading and offloading of materials with minimum reversing on the part of site plant, vans and Lorries.Individuals working regularly with computers will be required to carry out an on-line assessment to ensure that posture and vision are not impaired by long-term use. This assessment will not be available for site audit.NB: This document to be retained and maintained up to date in Site SHE file. For the purposes of the initial acceptance of the SHE Plan by the Client/CDMC, it is acceptable to include only the earliest packages and those relating to site set up, fencing etc. The live document will be updated and retained in the SHE file and not in the SHE Plan thereon
1) Design of Steel Portal frames for Europe [Report P164 - Steel Construction Institute).
2) Elastic Design of Single-Span Portal Frame Buildings to Eurocode 3 [Report P397 - Steel Construction Institute].
3) Plastic Design of Single-Storey Pitched-roof Portal Frames to Eurocode 3 [Report P147 - Steel Construction Institute].
4) Joints in Steel Construction: Simple Joints to Eurocode 3 [Report P358 - Steel Construction Institute].
5) Joints in Steel Construction: Simple Connections [Report P212 - Steel Construction Institute].
6) Holmes, R. (1995). Introduction to Civil Engineering Construction, 3rd Ed. Littlefield, D (Ed). Metric Handbook: Planning and Design Data.
7) External in-situ concrete paving [Technical Report 66 - Concrete Society].
General Introduction: http://www.steelconstruction.info/Portal frames
Construction joints in concrete slabs:
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples