America has always invited the UN to conduct in peacekeeping activities. The war on Iraq, the war against Taliban’s is the examples of America’s role in combating terrorism. The sole objective of such battles was to combat against the foemen of the human civilization. The consequence has never hesitated to favor the holy and philanthropic mission. Though Osama bin Laden has absconded and yet not been captured the loss of Afghanistan from his grab seemed a vigorous knock for him and it’s a boon for the peace-loving people of the world and the entire human civilization as well. By capturing Iraq the USA has been successful to gift the democratic and citizenship rights for the dwellers of that very country. In order to secure and cushion the global harmony, the country has made a contract with the EU. This bilateral contract between the US and EU is really a milestone effort to elevate and nurture global peace by destroying the main root from which the terrorism stems up. The mutually cooperative endeavor between US and EU officials in different diplomatic levels such as police, judicial and border controlling have boosted up the stability and sustainability of the peacekeeping programme. Not only in the sphere of politics and global peace but has the US hegemony also emerged as a substantial pioneer figure and a chief patron of global culture. . The Hegemony of the United Sates.
1. Archick, K. 2006. “U.S.-EU Cooperation Against Terrorism”, CRS Report for Congress: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/terror/RS22030.pdf (Accessed on May 29, 2008)
2. Barnet, R. and Cavanagh, J. 1997. “Homogenization of Global Culture”, http://www.converge.org.nz/pirm/homogeni.htm (accessed on May 29, 2008)
3. Ferguson, N. 2004. “The End of Power”, The Wall Street Journal, http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005244 (Accessed on May 29, 2008)
4. “Global Politics: U.S.A and the World”, 2008, Democracy in America, http://www.learner.org/channel/courses/democracyinamerica/dia_15/dia_15_readings.html (accessed on May 29, 2008)
5. Litan, R.E. 2008. “Globalization" Challenge: The U.S. Role in Shaping World Trade and Investment” http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/about/pdfs/globalization_challenge.pdf (accessed on May 29, 2008)
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples