It is the leader's job to ensure that the team's efforts are bound together by a shared commitment to the mission and vision. A unique reciprocal relationship evolves between leadership and the front line. As the front line takes on greater tactical and operational authority, leaders become ever more responsible for being the source and interpreter of the vision. The single most visible factor that distinguishes major cultural changes that succeed from those that fail is competent leadership at the top. Usually, a major change began after an individual who already has a track record of leadership is appointed to head the organization. In Daimler Chrysler, healthy organizational culture is connected and depended upon ethical principles and social norms. Daimler Chrysler operates on the global scale and faced with different cultural and social backgrounds. Since most countries and religions of the world have some form of belief that comes close to the part of the Golden Rule that relates to treating others as you want them to treat you, then in theory if properly adhered to it can personalize business relations as well as bring fairness into business. “The Code sets forth fundamental principles of business ethics applicable to all employees, and the Rules of Procedure applicable to members of the Board of Management”. The Role of Managers and Leaders in Creating a Healthy Organizational Culture.
1. Baker, K. (n.d.). Organizational Culture. Chapter 11. Retrieved 20 May 2007, from http://www.wren-network.net/resources/benchmark/11-OrganizationalCulture.pdf.
2. Daimler Chrysler: Employees and Society (2006). Retrieved 20 May 2007, from http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dccom/0-5-7145-1-516252-1-0-0-559577-0-0-135-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html
3. Davidmann, M. (2006). Style of Management and Leadership. Retrieved 20 May 2007, from http://www.solbaram.org/articles/clm2.html
4. McNamara, C. (2007). Organizational Culture Retrieved 20 May 2007, from http://www.managementhelp.org/org_thry/culture/culture.htm
5. Organizational Culture (n.d.). Retrieved 20 May 2007, from http://www.oup.co.uk/pdf/bt/fincham/Chapter15.pdf.
6. Strategic Leadership and Decision Making. (n.d.). National defense University. Retrieved 20 May 2007, from http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/ndu/strat-ldr-dm/pt4ch16.html
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples