• Terrorists should be punished to deter future criminal conduct
• Terrorists should be punished to deter future criminal conduct In all the societies if a person violates the laws he or she is supposed to be punished. According to Kant, the death penalty is supposed to be administered to prevent future criminal behaviors. He argues that every person is supposed to follow the law regardless of the social status.
• Acting to satisfy one’s self-interest is unacceptable Kant argues that acting to satisfy one’s interest is not acceptable. It is immoral to kill someone to obtain something is not morally upright. If the government decides to kill someone because he or she killed someone else, the action is moral. Terrorists take away the lives of the people. Thus, the government is supposed to protect the lives of the citizens.
• Benefits the society as a wholeUtilitarianism believes that capital punishment is morally acceptable, and it benefits the society as a whole. If an action brings happiness to the whole society, then it should be carried out. Utilitarianism also states that if capital punishment causes pain to one person or only a few people in the society, then the action is not immoral. Additionally, utilitarianism aims at society’s happiness and not individual happiness. If capital punishment will bring happiness to the society. Then it should be administered.
• The law is supposed to strictly adhere Natural laws guide the individual’s behavior. The natural laws are those that are innate. They are the rights that are given to us at birth. The rights are based on principles such as customs, beliefs, and expression. If a person commits a crime, the rights are supposed to adhere. The laws of most of the states’ state that if a person kills, the death penalty is supposed to be administered. Terrorist causes the death of many people. Hence, the death penalty is supposed to be administered.
:• Punishment and crime are inconsistent with happiness. According to the utilitarian philosophy, laws are supposed to be used so as to maximize the happiness of the society.
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples