s, and as soon as the company’s analysts noticed that the ratio of teenagers and young people among their customers was decreasing, ‘I’m lovin’ it’ advertising campaign was launched.Taking into account all the above said, this new advertising campaign was meant to enhance the image of McDonald’s so that to deal with the crisis the company found itself in. In contrast to the 2001-2002 campaign that targeted mainly children and family audiences, the new global task for McDonald’s was to attract young people and teenagers.McDonald’s advertising campaign whose slogan has become ‘I’m lovin’ it’ was launched in 2003, and proved to be a significant breakthrough as far as the company’s branding is concerned. This slogan proved so successful that the company decided to stick to it for quite a long while. In fact, the company paid the advertising agencies (Leo Burnett from Publicis Groupe and DDB from Omnicom Group) around $700 billion in 2003 only.The upheaval that the new advertising campaign, and in particular the new slogan, caused by the company’s activity, was especially notable in the USA. Together with introducing new products into the menu that can be regarded as healthy food, the new slogan ‘I’m lovin’ it’ was used. Advertising Campaign of McDonald's.
1. Chandler, D. (2002) Semiotics: the basics, Routledge, London.
2. Gontijo, P. F.D., Rayman, J., Zhang, S. & Zaidela, E. (2002), “How brand names are special: brands, words, and hemispheres”, Brain and language, 82, 327–343.
3. Root, R.L. (1987), The rhetorics of popular culture: advertising, advocacy, and entertainment, Greenwood Press, New York.
4. Smith, N. (2005, April 14), “Documentary relives McLibel trial Thursday”. BBC news. Retrieved on March 11, 2007 from: <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4437213.stm>
5. Global McDonald’s commercial, (2003). Retrieved on March 17, 2007 from: <http://youtube.com/watch?v=dI-xHMM8wXE>
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples