At that time, Nigeria was very poor country as a whole divided into different geopolitical regions; The Western parts, Eastern, and Northern parts. My father, late Mr. Adegoke Atanda, was a farmer from Iwo in Osun State while my mother- late Mrs. Munirat Adegoke, was a trader from Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria. As a child, I spent most of my childhood living without basic amenities like piped-borne water and electricity. In 1967, I was enrolled into District Primary School, Iwo. That year, the Nigerian Civil War started as a result of military coup and counter-coup which proved to be a great human tragedy in the history of Nigeria (This Day in History 1967). This war proved to be a great setback for all those living there.In 1968, I got enrolled in District Primary School. During these days, I had to travel long distance on foot with many other students. Daily, we covered four miles to and from school because there was no transport available nearby. For me, learning and socializing with friends were new experiences and absolutely fun. However, I did not find myself as confident as I could have been in the beginning of my school career. . My autobiography: using hardships as stepping stones to future success by Mukaila Adegoke.
1. Bennis, W. (2003). On becoming a leader. Cambridge, MA: Basic Books.
2. Chemers, M. (1997). An Integrative Theory of Leadership. United States of America: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
3. DiClemente, R. (2009). Emerging Theories in Health Promotion: Practice and Research. San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
4. Goleman D, Boyatzis R & McKee A (2002) Primal Leadership: Realizing the power of emotional intelligence, Boston: Harvard Business School Press
5. James Allen(2009) A Life In Brief by HYPERLINK "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Horowitz" \o "Mitch Horowitz" Mitch Horowitz, from As a Man Thinketh: Keepsake Edition, Tarcher/Penguin.
6. LIVIA, D'Andrea M and WHITNEY, Rich (2007). The Process of Becoming a Leader: An Individual Identity Model. [online], Available: http://counselingoutfitters.com/vistas/vistas07/Whitney.htm [11th April 2013]
7. Mezirow, J. (1991) Transformative Dimensions of Adult Learning, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
8. Popper, M. (2005). Main principles and practices in leader development. Leadership and Organizational Development Journal. 26 (1), 62-75.
9. WikiAnswers. (2013) What are Barack Obama’s Leadership Qualities? [Online], Available: [2nd April 2013].
10. www.history.com/this-day-in-history/civil-war-in-nigeria [3rd april 2013]
Please type your essay title, choose your document type, enter your email and we send you essay samples